Friday, November 9, 2012

A Cookbook Were Smitten With

With sun-soaked food photography and an un-intimidating approach to home cooking, food blog Smitten Kitchenis a mainstay on our bookmark bars. Its creator, Deb Perelman, is now making the tricky transition from the blogosphere to the bookshelf withThe Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, which debuted Oct. 30. Perelman told us more about the book and shared a favorite recipe from her itty bitty 42-square-foot Manhattan kitchen

How did the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook come to be?

The lifecycle was about four years of me saying I would never write a book. I really love the web. I love the democratic nature of it, I love that its free. So, I didnt have a book itch.

Then I got pregnant and it shifted my perspective a little. You start thinking, Hes never going to be able to hold a website in his hands. I got really into this idea that I could dedicate this book to him and it would be the meals we ate when he was too little to remember.

Food blogs seem to multiply by the minute. Why do you think that is?

I think the general thing that all food blogs are benefitting from right now is the return to home cooking. A lot of people in my generation and the generation coming up didnt really learn how to make chicken noodle soup or vinaigrette.

I think that people want to learn how to take care of themselves as adults and part of that is knowing how to cook a few things when youre hungry.

Photo by Smitten Kitchen

Whats one of your favorite Im-an-adult-now recipes?

The chicken noodle soup I made a couple weeks ago definitely made me feel like a high-functioning adult. Get the recipe.

Satisfy your cravings with the more than 100 recipes in Debs new book, many of which have never appeared on her blog. $20, available at amazon.com


Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites,Book 1): Michelle Rowen ... Rowen hits the nail (or is it the stake?) on the head with her feisty debut novel about a reluctant vampire trying to cope with her newfound otherworldly status ... Smitten with Reading Christi Snow I have been stamping and scrapbooking for the last 15+ years. This interest has flourished in the last seven years and I have had a lot of incredible ... Smitten Kitten Originals Handmade Scarves & Other Obsessions A blog of book reviews, handbag love, infinity scarves, yarn & crochet fashion accessories & annual NaNoWriMo participation. With a dash of random. cinnamon toast french toast + book preview smitten kitchen Guys, I wrote a cookbook. When I was 32 weeks pregnant in the summer of 2009 (in fact, this was overflowing on my kitchen counter during my first meeting across town ... smitten kitchen A home cooking weblog from a tiny kitchen in New York City. The place to find all of your new favorite things to cook. Nicola @ Smitten Kitten Oh it feels good to have a relaxing weekend. The past few weekends, we have been busy with house DIY (well, Joe has!) and generally getting to house up and running to ... Decorate a Frame with Book Page Roses! Gift Idea! - Entirely Smitten Make this! I've been so caught up in finishing my studio that I've kind of tuned out the world around me, so when Aislin reminded me last night that today ... Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites, 1) by Michelle Rowen ... Bitten & Smitten has 3,931 ratings and 255 reviews. Amlie said: After going to a rendezvous arranged by her best friend, a young woman woke up in a ceme... Smitten by Cycles Back in Chelmsford we now had a home base to begin our final preparations for our departure to Thailand. The primary goals were to develop a field testing method for ... Smitten with First Hi friends! I am linking up with What the Teacher Wants to share how I do classroom management in my room. I cannot take credit for either of these ideas, but I had ...

No comments:

Post a Comment